Rabbits, Help

Anyone know how to make your rabbit population rise? Obviously i know taking out the predators, but like making brush piles? do you just throw brush and make a pile? Any info would be great, would like to make some good habitat and make the population go back up around my house. Thanks.

Silver, great link! Robinson, brushpiles should be twice as big and twice as tight as you think you need. I use trimmings from around my property and stack them as tight as I can get. I've never used the log base, but I guess it couldn't hurt as long as there was thick cut offs in there also. Another thing you could do is hinge cut some of your trees about three feet off the ground. Hinge cutting is cutting about 2/3 of the way through the tree and then pushing it over so that it lays parallel to the ground. Do this to about a dozen 6" diameter trees all in a row. Lay the trees in the same direction and what happens is the additional sun allows grasses and briars to grow up through it to provide great cover from aireal predators like hawks and owls. Another plus of hinge cutting is that the cover can last a long time. Another thing that could be done is supplemental feeding. I belonged to a club that would put overturned 30 gal. plastic barrels on a pallet, surround this with four other pallets to keep deer out, and then stack brush around it to look inviting to the rabbits. Four small holes about 3" x 3" allowed for gravity feeding with corn, soybean, pellets, etc. Good luck, Arrowsmith