tree work...

What a beautiful day to do some tree cutting...last year I got behind due to the knee and the blind...this year I have got to free up some apples,oaks  and ground Though I'm in to rest the ACL knee feeling a nasty twinge...hauling brush is a tad different from doing the walking weight pull at the gym...maybe I should be pulling walking back wards...lol...

It's amazing how much "brush comes out of cutting just limbs let alone trees...I have shored up 3 nearby blinds out of just one little area. I have some very big Maple and Ash to down...they have leafs but the rodents completely girdled them this winter...need to get them down before they die. they are leaning away from the wind so I'll just drop and clean up later

The branches add up pretty fast , I have a pile 30' long by 10' wide x 10' high and I just got started and that was while there were just buds on the branches. Got side tracked and have to get back at it soon.

• Like 2

Expect it to be a heck of a lot heavier now when you go back..It's a good thing the knee acted up,because today it has been dead still for wind, 90,and bright Sun. The Deer flies are so bad even the animals have had enough! We watched our cat in the front lawn getting buzzed and ducking until she reared up on her hind legs and started batting at her attackers with both paws. OK it was funny to watch...poor thing. Perfect excuse to stay off the knee...Also has allowed me to figure out what is taking me out...bending over.I just can't bend over and not mess up the ligaments holding that knee together.EVErything I do has me bending over most of the day. Squatting is impracticable when weeding between individual plants.Walking along picking up small branches...I squat to lift the heavy stuff...but picking bigger flat rocks I bend and toss.

Funny the things you take for granted until you can't do them..difficult to change even though you know the consequences...I will change though. Rake small stuff up where needed to a tarp and drag it out...like I do my fall leaf litter. NO MORE ROCK PICKING..Lol I'll let the York rake and tractor bucket do the work next spring

Edited by growalot