Henry 45-70

Anybody get to handle the new Henry 45-70 lever action yet ?

They were supposed to be available to retailers in March or April, but from what I am reading on other forums, none have arrived on the gun racks yet.

My local American Legion post ordered one to raffle last February, and they are still waiting for it to be delivered.

They look interesting on Henry's website, and I like some of the features, like the ghost ring rear sight, but I'd like to get my hands on one to see how they handle...They do have one feature I am not crazy about..Rather than loading through a side loading gate like most centerfire levers, they load in the magazine tube like most tube fed rimfires..

I've been intrigued by the 45-70 round and I've always like the octagon barrel on the Henry lever actions. Unfortunately, the Henry 45-70 does not have the octagon barrel, is feed through the top of the tube, and cost more than the Marlin Guide Gun. I'll keep my eye on the Marlin Guide Gun instead.