Bowfishing-"Golden" Carp legal?

Rev Ev

So I'm at this marshland bowfishing and this three foot goldfish-gold carp swims by. I almost shot it, but thought I might need to find out if they are protected or not. DEC hasn't been able to get back to me for awhile now, so I tought some of you might know. It's for sure a carp, which I would understand the regs make it legal. I doubt its a released goldfish, pretty rural place. Any thoughts?

Well,

Here's the story, I had actually been looking for this all gold one all summer at this rather large pond. I had seen him swimming around while I was bass fishing and thought I could find him. That was back in May. All summer long I went looking for him and never saw him. I did see plenty of other carp and harvested them. Then I went out just a day or so ago and saw him swimming again. My first shot at 8 yards missed. About 20 mins later he resurfaced about 22 yards away, and I missed again. I went out the next day and saw him swimming around 30 yards out, past my comfortable shooting range. So I "stalked" him for about an hour walking up and down the bank waiting for him to get closer. Finally he started to swim in to about 12 yards. I drew my bow and held it for a good while. I wanted to make sure my shot placement was right on. When I released the arrow, it "stoned" him and he just started to sink. No fight. I can't tell you how happy a dumb fish made me, but after looking for this thing all summer I was glad to connect on him.

post-1251-0-10520000-1343781860_thumb.jp