Anyone down by Conklin/Kirkwood?

Single_shot

Saw a MONSTER and I mean MONSTER with the longest tines I have ever seen on a deer.I was on my way home from the cabin 2 weeks ago in the early morning hours.From exit 1 south bound 81,make the right,go up to the light and make a left,go to the flashing light and make a right (7A I think it is,turns into Pa rt 29S).Up the hill just before the trailer park in the field on the left.That's where he stood in my headlights.....huge rack.

Anyone else seen or heard of this hog?

Edited by Single_shot

I see, your talking about the road to montrose off of 7? That area is thick with beasties. And thick with posted signs. Loads of land up there. I hardly ever hear any shots coming from over in that area. So it wouldnt suprise me if he was a big boy. Unfortunately if there are alot of people who have seen him he will probably be poached over in that area. But more than likely he will be run over on that road. But if he dodges the poachers and the cars he has a number on his head and im sure you will hear about him sometime this yr. I may have to take the spotlight over there and take a look.

Edited by erussell

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good luck there are a lot of big deer killed over that way no one will ever see. I hear them take them on the walkies and talking about them but then they are real hush hush about what they killed and where.

Yep and when you ask another hunter in Bingo where he scored, they just say," oh, up on south mountain". lol

That's when I tell them that I saw the biggest Timber Rattler of my life up Penn Ave! Then their eyes light up,"really"?

Edited by PREDATE

Ive lived in Doom county my whole life and ive never seen a Rattler. Where up Penn did you see it? I use to kill timber rattlers down south for there rattle's when I was in the Army. And I always say Vestal which is as far away as you can get from any of my spots. :spiteful:

Edited by erussell

Truth be told I never did! I just try to see what kind of reactions I can entice!

Although, a couple years ago while working on the millenium pipeline, my brother saw a few. They would shut down the whole job until "the snake lady" came to remove them because they're a protected species. He saw them on Rogers mountain in Bing., near Rt.41 in Sanford, and on Roods creek in Deposit.

They would also shut it down when they came across archaeological remains / stone lithics. They actually had an archaeologist on the job @ all times and when he said stop they would bring in the team. I have a nice collection of lithics(tools/arrowheads) from around here. I saw your old post about the arrowhead, that's why I brought it up.Point3.jpg