CAMERA ON BOW?

Buckwild96

Pretty simple to make a L bracket attachment to attach to your stabilizer. You can pick up a 3" L bracket at Home Depot. Drill two holes one on the vertical part of the bracket for the stabilzer to go through and one on the flat part for the threaded screw to go through and attach the camera. Just make sure there is clearance between your arrow shelf and the camera top. Otherwise you may have a mess on your hands.

insane archery makes a great schock proof mount as stabilizer, pretty much any hand held camera small enough with the screw mount hole on the bottom will do... I have a go pro for the bow, and the kodak playsport for the camera arm... very light weight to pack in n out...

a go-pro... the camera that everyone uses from skydiving, surfing, hunting , to riding a bike... water proof case, HD capable , and comes with various mounting attachments.. the kodak is alright, tried that first on the bow, but the shock from the string would freeze it up and i'd have to reset it to get it to work... it has zoom on it so i use it for a trail cam card viewer, and mount it on a camera arm for self filming .... go-pro has no zoom and a fish-eye or wide angle lense, captures a good amount of area so no need to be exactly pointed at the deer....

• Like 1

Video from a bow mouted camera can give you footage of before and after the shot but not of the shot placement. The extreme recoil of a compound bow will make the video frames where the string is released about useless as there will be severe camera jump.

Also forget about the "Go Pro" camera for this purpose. The extra wide angle lens will make a 20 yard target appear as if it is 80 yards away.

Playsport is a good camera, it's designed to be outside & holds a good charge. You can get a real good sd card for it & take good quality video but it's not a 'pro' camera.

I have the zx3, replaceable battery. It does mov not wmv like the zx5 but if you have Win/7 moviemaker or use freemake to convert files your good to go.

i rubber-banded a contour hd helmet camera on my stabilizer it worked awesome!! didnt get much video cuz i didnt see much last year but it definitely worked flawlessly.

check out the contours they are VERY robust and easy to use and cylindrical in shape, not like the GOpro and square... dunno how the heck i would mount one of those on my bow

I purchased a cheap video camera this year & made my own mount that attaches to the stabilizer mount & just used some 3M foam padding to dampen the vibration would say I should have bought a better video camera quality is NOT good when zooming in but wanted to try it before spending athe big dollar will try it out this year & if it works will buy a better camera will try & post a pic if you would like I am thinking I should make a bunch of mounts & start selling them after seeing what they go for & are cheap to make