45 Long Colt, Ruger NM Blackhawk

eagle rider

I have a similar gun but in 41mag.

The first picture shows my typical group at 25 yard, iron sights.

It's not the gun's fault, It's my aging eyes, just can't see the sights like I use to.

I put a scope on it (I hate scoped handguns but I felt I needed a better group) and it group about 2.5" out at 40 yds with a bench rest.

In my opinion, if you are keeping them in 2.75" at 25yds then your good out to 40yds.

Have you handgun hunted before? If not, then after you first kill you will be hooked.

Good luck this season.

post-406-0-18807700-1349575539_thumb.jpg

post-406-0-62282200-1349575570_thumb.jpg

Thanks Warren,.. Your rig looks sexy scoped. I have handgun hunted but his is my first time with a single action. I had a Super Redhawk in 454 Casull and a model 529 in 44 Mag. I sold both and (although I regret getting rid of he S&W 529 a lot). The Super Redhawk was just ridiculous. I did take deer with both. There is something more nostalgic with he single action. Thanks for the thumbs up on the load and my accuracy.

Okay,.... Load is 250 gr Nosler HP on top of 26 grs of H110. Revolver has a 5.5" barrel, it's printing 2 3/4" group at 25 yds (iron not scoped). I'm using it for in close whitetails. Do you all think I should try for better?

IMHO if you can hit a pie plate at 25 yards then you will be in a deer's vitals.

• Like 1