Anyone been hunting 9T??

shooter

I've small game hunted the 9-mile state forest area a few times and it's been really quiet in there. It's big woods and I'd have to hike it quite a bit more to learn it up there... figure out food sources and where critters like to be. Saw some buck rubs but not much else. What are you after?

I too have noticed a definate upswing in scrapes and rubs (as expected). I've been out turkey hunting a lot and use this time to scout as well. There was a LOT of feeding activity under oak trees that produced a good mast this year. I should note that many stands of oak did not seem to produce many acorns? But the few trees that did were fed under heavily by deer. I'm not sure what time of day.

Turkey hunting in 9T again today, I came across at least two dozen well tended scrapes, and we saw 4 deer mid-morning (two didn't know we were there, 2 we bumped). One looked to be a buck, but I couldn't tell for sure in the fog, I didn't have time to get my binocs on him.

Good luck out there!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...