North Carolina Deer and Hog hunt

hooper

Just came back from a North Carolina Deer and Hog Hunt, Took a nice 8 point and a 170Lb. Boar, It was a relativly inexpensive hunt, compared to others, Typical older style deer camp. The outfitter Taylor Spruill along with his guide Ron White were amazing, The food served up by Josh were delicious. Cant say enough about these three guys, had a blast from the minute I got there to the minute I left. The name of the Outfitter is Spruills Pasture Outfitters, in Windsor North Carolina, Their web sight is www.spruillspasture.com. Look them up well worth it, I already booked a week next year.post-717-0-76147300-1352221007_thumb.jpgpost-717-0-49297100-1352221124_thumb.jpgpost-717-0-16091200-1352221157_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thanks . I did some research from the list last week and found a few that weren't membership only locations. lots of deer,turkey,small game places and a few hog places but nothing really stood out. Was hoping to get some good references from any NY'ers. If not , then maybe head elsewhere but was hoping to be able to drive it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mac,

Sorry took so long to get back to you, the outfitter I used shut down for the time being, he recommended another outfitter in NC. I met the owner at the suffering sports show, he said he has plenty of deer on his property, but not so many hogs, in fact he told me if I was strictly looking to hunt hogs, I shouldn't hunt at his place. The new place is Back Woods Trophy Outfitters. (Justin Phelps)