Where to sit O.D. with daughter,,, vote now !

Nomad

Ok my oldest has had her deer lic. for a few years but only had time for a couple hours over Thanks Giving . I told her get here for opening day and I'll give up my hunt to sit with you ,opening day is your best chance to kill one.

So this year its on. Now the hard part where to sit. I don't think she'll climb up into a stand, so I've got 3 choices.

1. make a blind under,near one of my better spots

2. I hunt farm land and there are drainage ditches all over. At one spot they split some thick brush in two, the farmer mows 20 feet on each side, and another ditch comes out of brush into it close by, so lots of ditches and openings along thick cover. Looks good but i NEVER sat there so i don't know movement.

3."The intersection" this is a spot up on a rise in big open fields. Deer get pushed out of near by hardwoods and creek bottoms into open field and have to run 1/4 to 1/2 mile to next cover always seem to go to this spot then on to cover,hence 'the intersection". Been good in past. BUT this year 3/4 of the fields are standing corn. Which makes me think instead of running 1/2 mile to next woods they may stay in corn. I went up there and corn is low and thin and you could shoot into corn easy,lots of tracks by unpressured deer. Not sure if its a good escape route this year though.

Thats it vote early vote often thanks

Hum my thoughts were 1 and 3. I've hunted this piece idk 25 years. I have it to myself posted the whole bit, 25 acres woods 15 thick brush ten or so field 100's of acres crops.

the other woods and creek bottoms are off a bit, but they get pushed out and run to another piece .

Talked to her tonight says she would sit in a ladder stand. I have one right between the intersection and where I would build a ground blind.

Thanks.Trouble is the first time she goes up will be opening moning hope she's comfortable up there. going down tomorrow, to put in gun holder,strap for harness to tie into. I don't use holders for gun or bow and i keep a rope on me to tie off,trying to make it easy for her.I'll build a b/u blind as well.

A nice one has been moving by around 10 ;00 though hope she can sit like Dad.

The farm has muture buck only rules in place, she has the green light for anything though.She's good with her .20ga 870, shes cut apart cadavers and been in on an open heart surgury, she says gutting a deer is nothing. Hope to find out.