Southern dutchess public land

Birdhunter

Does anyone care to share any reports from any public/DEP areas in Dutchess?

I'm referring to ;

Taconic-Hereford

West Mtn.

Depot Hill

East Fishkill (DEP)

Alomar (DEP)

I am also interested in those in Putnam, as well.

I am not looking for your "secret spot", but I have a doe permit that I would like to try to fill to share that meat with some friends.

Thanks for any input.

Steve,

I went to E.Fishkill DEP peroperty on thursday with the intentions of a little scouting, but there were 3 trucks parked there so I didn't want to walk around and scout while others were hunting.

I ended up at West Mtn. Sat. afternoon around 2 and was greeted with a thick fog bank that only let me see about 50-70 yds. There were 4 other vehicles there when I got there and found a good looking spot, but the fog was brutal. When I left, I was the last one there, but I saw nothing.

I will head back there...good looking sign and what not, but I need to dig a little deeper.

Steve a friend of mine had a camera in fhamestock for the month of nov over a scrape. Only got 18 pics but he did get 3 nice bucks but all at night. He said that all his buck oucs there are always at night. I think with the pressure of himers the deer in there dont move much during the day. I have hunted there a few times and did see one small six pointer but i know there are some real big ones in there

99B1CD19-905D-4666-B6E1-C9C8EC5A1C16-73101-0000038506EFAB26.jpg

F23096A4-197B-4993-98F3-6FF737F0A3C6-73101-00000385847921AF.jpg

578DE22E-E08D-44C7-88C9-C806FB930EBE-73101-000003850D8BC7C7.jpg

John

Edited by mbucks27