calls

youtube is your friend.You want it to sound like a crying baby for the most part(I know kinda morbid).Predator hunting can be really difficult so don't get discouraged if something doesn't run right in.Most times in daylight they creep in,but I have seen them charge in like their butts on fire and they are ready to scrap for whatever meal is screaming

Blur...

What brand and model call do you have ?

I probably have 25 to 30 predator calls...some sound alike and others are very different. I prefer open reeds because they are more versatile. You can even coyote howl on some of the same open reed calls that you use for distress sounds. You can also do birds, rodent squeaks,coon squalls and other distress sounds on them.. However, open reeds take more practice, but worth the time.. Closed reeds are great and easy to use but, closed reeds sometimes freeze,and you CAN wear out the metal reeds..I always carry a few calls..

Make the call sound like a small animal screaming for it's life..

You can do a lot of calling with 0 results on many days and at other times you'll feel like the Pied Piper. It's just the way it is..

I 've done a lot of calling, but mostly for red fox since there are no coyotes, or bobcats on L.I. I get to see quite a few feral cats and hawks in addition to the fox. A Predator call at times are a fantastic crow call, crows come in to the distress sound and sometimes angrily. I even had some deer come in, but I think I made the call too drawn out and it sounded more like a fawn on those occasions.

It is an absolute rush when a fox comes charging straight to you and sometimes stops just feet away. I even had to poke one with a long stick once because he was almost on me(neither one of us was happy about that). I can't even imagine the thrill of a coyote coming right to you.

The information above is right on target, youtube is great.

You can go to youtube for general predator calling, and can even type in the brand of predator call that you have and sometimes hear and see it used. Primos goes thru a lot of his calls with great explanations on youtube

Also some manufacturers have the sounds on their websites. I know Haydel's does and I think Carraway Calls does. If you listen and watch enough on line you can many times imitate another manufacturers calls with yours..

There was also a radio show on line and you can listen to past shows to learn about predator calling and hunting ... I think you type in Talkshoe. Predator Talk ..The host is a guy from Massachusettes named Brian Downs. He covers a lot of topics.. I think his show was GREAT..He has different guests who share their predator hunting expertise...... If I put in the wrong site and you are interested in his shows PM me and I'll try to figure out where it is.. I think if you go to the Predator Talk website you can find it thru there.

good luck

i have the primose rabbit distress... i haven't used it hunting yet but ive been practicing it now and then for a few weeks.. sounds really good compared to most youtube videos ive heard. going to try it after deer season. but when trying it i do it outside and the neighbors dogs start barking everytime