New York Officials Fear Supreme Court Ruling Will Mean More Gun Crime

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-officials-fear-supreme-court-ruling-will-mean-more-gun-crime/ar-AAY9t5d?ocid=SL5GDHP&pc=SL5G&cvid=1e0c9b1e9ceb4ebdab16adc1a20156c8

The article states “Every weekday morning in a nondescript office building in downtown Manhattan, representatives from dozens of law enforcement agencies meet to discuss gun arrests and shootings in New York City from the day before.

I would love to be in that meeting to see what they discuss.  I wonder if they are looking at other crimes associated with illegal firearm possession and use?  I wonder if they see the common denominators linked in PEOPLE VIOLENCE like the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs, violent felon that should of stayed in jail and the violently mentally ill people that should be institutionalized. 

The article states ““A lot more people are going to now want to go out and get guns. And for all the wrong reasons,” said Richard Aborn, the president of the nonprofit Citizens Crime Commission.

That has to be the most ignorant statement.  So “all the wrong reasons” are to possess a firearm for hunting, collecting, target shooting and God forbidden that God given right of self-defense?

The article states ““I have people telling me they decided to get a gun that I never dreamed would go out and get a gun. They’re not going to use it illegally but they’re feeling this need to arm themselves in a way that I’ve not seen before.”

Mr. Aborn said “that I’ve not seen before.”?  Because people are concerned for their lives.  Too many politicians and their supporters coddle the violent criminals, they create a failed welfare state that has created fatherless families, they failed to address proper mental health care for the violently mentally ill, they have made the public schools a social experiment rather than intuition of education and discipline, they failed to control the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs, they fail to support responsible law enforcement to and the list of failures goes on.  Where has Mr. Aborn been?

The article states “And if more New Yorkers are armed, he said, what would otherwise have been minor confrontations could turn deadly.

That is true.  Some people are unable or unwilling to control themselves.  They are generally suffering from some degree of emotional disturbance, mental illness and/or intellectual deficiency.  I have witness on this forum some who make personal attacks calling someone’s parents farm animals, your drugs, your delusional and many other inappropriate language.  I once saw a statement that could be construed as a physical threat when someone wrote they would tell it to their face.  Very sad, but these people are out there.  They should seriously decide if they should carry a concealed weapon.  Using deadly force is just that, it usually makes the other person dead. 

The article states “In New York, Gov. Kathy Hochul has said that she would consider calling a special session of the State Legislature if the law were overturned.”

A special session to do what?  Legislate more useless gun control laws like the SAFE Act?  The article states “A spokeswoman for the governor declined to elaborate further on the preparations.” That is because they are unwilling or unable because of their incompetency and loyalty to gun control addict voters to honestly fix the problem of PEOPLE VIOLENCE.

The article states “While the state court system does not keep a centralized database of how many licenses are approved or denied, they are typically easier to obtain in rural areas than in cities, according to New York’s solicitor general, Barbara D. Underwood, who argued the state’s case in front of the Supreme Court.

So New York State government does not know who has a pistol permit?  Did not the SAFE Act duplicate this since the Sheriff’s office has always maintained those records?  Where do these people get their information from?

The article states “Chanelle Anderson, a 33-year-old violence “interrupter” who works with the nonprofit BronxConnect to intervene in potential conflicts, said that greater access to guns would likely increase the number of shootings and the number of people sent to jail or prison.  “If they legalize firearms, that’s making it easier to destroy our communities even more,” she said.”

So “legalize firearms” will make it “easier to destroy our communities even more”?  Where does Ms. Anderson get her information?  Maybe the destruction of “our communities" is due to illegal drugs, fatherless families, a welfare system that enables people to be lazy, failed schools and just plain lack of common courtesy.

Edited by ADK Native