Youth Sportsman Camp at Montezuma

Single_shot

I'm not familiar with this,but it was in the emailing from Fieldnotes.

Youth Sportsman Camp at Montezuma Audubon Center

Kids ages 12 to 15 are invited to the summertime Youth Sportsman Camp at Montezuma Audubon Center in Savannah, NY. In three weeks of hands-on learning and outdoor field experience from July 15 through August 1, campers can receive a hunter safety, bow safety or waterfowl identification certificate.

Campers may participate in one, two or all three weeks of camp, each held Monday through Thursday from 9 AM to 4 PM. Week one focuses on hunter education, week two on bow education and week three on waterfowl identification. Each week includes engaging classroom instruction and field lessons in orienteering, canoeing, tracking game and more. Campers also will participate in habitat conservation projects for game and non-game species.

The cost is $100 for one week of camp, $190 for two weeks or $270 for all three weeks. For more information and to register, call 315-365-3588, or e-mail [email protected].

What I'm wondering is if anyone on here would be near this area,know more about it,know if there are any kids that would like to do it but don't have the funds etc. I was thinking maybe if there was a way we could help sponsor a young upcoming hunter(s) that I would be all for helping support them.I know funds are tight and times are tough,but I could help sponsor.Plus it's a great tool to get the young lads and lassies involved in the Heritage.

Maybe set up a sponsorship in the name of HNY? What say you?