Tracking devices/dog's

Dom

I have been thinking of chipping my hound so if she does get away I would be able to track her.Guess my question is do any of or have any of you had theese put in your dog's are they safe for them?I ask because when I put my pup out she always seems to slip her collar,I know that a kennle/cage will work but think locking her up is not cool.

Dom, All of my dogs are microchipped. Yes, they are safe if implanted by a veterinarian. However, if you lose your dog, someone has to find her and take her to a vet or a shelter for them to read it and contact you. You wont be able to track the chip. I'd suggest tightening the collar so it can't slip off and/or getting her chipped. If you are running her in the field and want to keep track of her, the Garmin Astro is a great product. It will tell you how far away she is and in what direction using a GPS device. It's also attached to a collar so if she slips that, it will only tell you where the collar is, not the dog. By the way, it aint cheap.