Pulaski and Salmon River

noodle one

I am getting things together for my once a year for steelhead fishing. trip north. It is 125 miles from my front door to were I go. Every year i have had someone goes with me , but this year I am making the trip alone. Do to work my brother inlaw can't get the time off. I will be heading up Tue 3/26 in the morning and will be shore fishing that day. The next day 3/27 I will be in a drift boat to float the river. I have done this for the last 7 or 8 years and have always had a great time. I use the same guide and he has always got me into some nice fish. I fish with a center pin and 13' ft noodle rod to float fish with. When I hook up the fun begins.

The fishing has been like the past few years, exceptional!  Be prepared especially the upper section there is a lot and I mean a lot of snow here.  The river is mixed right now with a few fresh steel, some that have been hanging in the river for a bit now and getting lots of drop backs now as well.  Dead drifting black stones is doing the best for me right now.  The dropbacks and ones in the river for a bit are real line shy at this point so go light and go flourocarbon.  Tell your driftboat guide no chumming with eggs when he gets to the hole I will be fishing. :fie: :fie:  Seems the norm now with a lot of the drift boat guides now and it sure kills the fishing after about an hour.  Good luck have fun and be safe, the snow and ice are not easy on the walking.

The fishing has been like the past few years, exceptional!  Be prepared especially the upper section there is a lot and I mean a lot of snow here.  The river is mixed right now with a few fresh steel, some that have been hanging in the river for a bit now and getting lots of drop backs now as well.  Dead drifting black stones is doing the best for me right now.  The dropbacks and ones in the river for a bit are real line shy at this point so go light and go flourocarbon.  Tell your driftboat guide no chumming with eggs when he gets to the hole I will be fishing. :fie: :fie:  Seems the norm now with a lot of the drift boat guides now and it sure kills the fishing after about an hour.  Good luck have fun and be safe, the snow and ice are not easy on the walking.

Thanks for the heads up.  I always fish the upper part from shore. and I carry 4 lbs and 6 lbs drennan fluoro all the time. I use beads alot and pick worms, all I have to do is find out what color they want. I center pin the west branch Delaware for browns and rowbows. If you want to catch fish there you have to go lite, sometimes as lite as 2 or 3lbs. leaders. Thanks again

Your picking a decent time to go, if you waited a week you probably would be flooded out from snowmelt.  Redfield got hit pretty hard with 48 inches in 2 days last week on top of what they already had.  Snow started melting fast today, the fish should be adapted to the temp change from the runoff by the time you arrive. Have a blast.