buying a new Martin bow, anyone familiar with this model?

robw

Well folks, I finally broke down and decided to get a new bow.  I love my High Country split force, and have taken many, many deer with it, but the technology today has convinced me to upgrade.

I'm looking at this

http://www.yeoldearcheryshoppe.com/martin-2013-prowler-package-p-14395.html?gclid=COCwoYb-kLgCFcs7OgodNWQA0Q

The martin Prowler pro package.  I've wanted a fast, short bow for a while.  Looked at PSE (
Sinister RTS), Bear(legion RTH) and Diamond(core RAK) models that are similar, but this package seems to be the best, on paper anyway.  Will replace their rest with a whisker biscuit, and probably put my zero peep eliminator on it to get rid of the peep site.  Anyone have this bow already?  Know someone who does?  Anyone like it? Hate it? Sleep with it at night ( please don't tell me if you do)

Also, has anyone bought from Ye Olde Archery Shoppe before?  I bought a release from them once, and transaction was fine,  but this is a bigger expense.

Thanks for any feedback you have, will probably pull the trigger next weekend, unless someone changes my mind.

Cheers

Funny I switched last year from a High Country Supreme to a Martin Bengal Pro.  What a difference.  I also changed out my entire set up going with carbon vs aluminum arrows, Schwacker vs Muzzy broadheads, Apache drop away vs Whisker biscuit, stayed with a truglo sight and now in the process of finding a different release.  Haven't killed anything but I love the bow.  I don't think you'll be dissapointed in choosing the prowler.

Well, I bought the bow!  Shipped today so should be ready to start shooting by next weekend.  Only 12 weeks till the opener!  Thanks for the feedback.

Once I get the bow, check it's condition, I'll post how my experience went with Ye Olde Archery Shoppe.

• Like 1