Venison Sushi

So as a chef who is also certified to teach the serve safe course ill tell you how it is.... As long as any venison or beef is treated right.... The guts are not spilled on the meat it is ok to eat raw.... That being said the meat should be kept at the proper temp under 41 degreese.... Don't eat raw after it has been out of the freezer for more than 4 days..... There are exceptions to that such as if the meat is controlled vacuume packed then it will last longer..... Just be safe and keep the meat at the right temp and enjoy all the raw you want

• Like 3

And just to throw this out there the first deer I get this year I'm going to make tartar with the heart..... Some diced shallots , capers, lemon juice, mayo, fresh herbs and some salt and pepper..... Oh and definitely a little bit of hot sauce!!!!! Who's coming over for dinner

And just to throw this out there the first deer I get this year I'm going to make tartar with the heart..... Some diced shallots , capers, lemon juice, mayo, fresh herbs and some salt and pepper..... Oh and definitely a little bit of hot sauce!!!!! Who's coming over for dinner

Let me know when it happens.