Scent Blocker Preference

Five Seasons

So I unfortunately opened the new basspro catalog yesterday... which really just gets me to want or buy stuff I dont need. I start with the skin tight older under armor set, and then my scent-lok base layer (getting a little old), and long underwear has always been part of my layering routine.

Was thinking this year I'd buy a 2in1 scent blocker and long underwear combo. It seems there's a few options on the market and even within the same brand. Who and what do you prefer?

*I'm not trying to debate if these products actually work*

X-Scent. Typically found on sale or pretty cheap. The midweight is a bit overpriced, but the lightweight green base layer is perfect. I typically layer that starting with mornings in mid-Oct through the end of the season. A thicker mid layer over top doesn't get bulky.

Other cheap ones believe it or not are Rocky with IQ Scent at Walmart. Cheap, but pretty durable and in a variety of weights.

I think the carbon based ones are pointless (not talking about effectiveness). I'm talking cost over use value as compred to X-Scent/Rocky.

I own maybe 5-6 sets of base layers for bow season alone. Amazed how fast you can go through them...esp out of state.

I have Scent Lok. Back when I bought it I thought it was better than Scent Blocker. It uses carbon from coconut shells which I've read was better than what Scent Blocker uses. Now Scent Blocker has the new Cold Fusion stuff which may be better than the Scent Lok. I don't think you could go wron with either so just buy what fits/fells and looks best.

I have had nothing but bad luck with UA. Never had them do what they advertise...the cold weather gear has been the worst, by far.

I think X-Scent is now going by X-System owned by Onyx Outdoors (Arctic Shield).

Edited by phade