cops don't have to help??

verminater71

Like several other folks posting on this thread, I know several LEOs and respect these fine folks who have a real tough job to do.  But it is precisely because LEOs are not everywhere necessary to prevent, much less "required" intervene and stop a crime, that I always carry concealed.  I know what it feels like to be held up at gun point, and not being able to respond in kind.  Cops took over 15 minutes to get on the scene, took minimal information (LAPD, SoCal), and nothing ever came of the incident.  Never, ever again.

Sorry, I am getting a bit political, and irritated...  Ok, not so much sorry in an apologetic way.  Sorry things like this happen, yet our right to defend ourselves is under constant pressure.

There will never, ever be enough cops out there. Protect you and yours and don't even consider the Police being able to do it. Pretend that the Police  don't even  exist. They are just spread too thin, and with the economy the way it is, it's just getting worse.

I don't know if this was posted yet but did we all forget the LA riots of the 90s and the same LA riots of a month ago when the cops just split as people were being beaten to death, white people that is (hope that's not racist) Just last month cops locked themselves in cars and watched groups of black teens beat white people walking on the streets, and they did absolutely nothing. So what the big surprise in this article?

I don't know if this was posted yet but did we all forget the LA riots of the 90s and the same LA riots of a month ago when the cops just split as people were being beaten to death, white people that is (hope that's not racist) Just last month cops locked themselves in cars and watched groups of black teens beat white people walking on the streets, and they did absolutely nothing. So what the big surprise in this article?

For me the take away re: the Rodney King riot was not just the refusal of LAPD to respond - although that was very telling unto itself.  It was that the Korean community armed themselves, and were able to hold off looters and rioters.  They had to, there was no choice other than to become victims in a dangerous and obviously lawless situation.  It did not take long for the bad guys to figure out the Koreans were both armed, and able & willing to use their firearms to defend themselves.  The bad guys went elsewhere, seeking softer targets.  'nuff said, eh?  The media (intentionally) did a very poor job of bringing that situation to the foreground as it would have (re)proven our point re: an armed citizen is less likely to be scewed with, and an armed society will have less crime, in comparison to a disarmed person or society.