Trailer size for a quad

Biggest buck I killed was standing next to my ATV as I was leaving the woods for lunch. I think the deer like them also.

The property we hunt is routinely used for atv recreation throughout the year. The deer are in no way spooked by them. Usually when you come across a deer while riding, it'll run a few feet into the brushline, stop and watch you go by. If you stop and leave it running they'll just look at you. If you stop and shut it off, then they get spooked...

• 1 month later...

Well, I bought the 5x8 from Lowes.  They had the best price I could find for a new one.  I looked around but couldn't find a used one in decent shape.  Spent two hours in the DMV getting it registered.  Now, have to deal with getting the trailer wires spliced into my SUV.  This has turned out to be more of a hassle than I expected. 

Here's a tip for trailers...

You can title (less than 3000 lbs trailer) and register your trailer in the state of Maine. You do not need a residence or address in Maine to do so. This works from the small trailers discussed here to large horse/equipment trailers all the way to full size 48' trailers.

There are plenty of companies in Maine that can take care of this for you. (I have used the Staab Agency for several years. I have no connection to them other than being a satisfied customer.)

It is not only less expensive to register in Maine, it is much easier. They also offer various long term registration options. I have a trailer and usually get a 5 year plate. You can do it online or over the phone. So much easier than dealing with NY.

Edited by jrm