Rifle hunting in dutchess

martin

On the old Empire hunting, someone wrote up a topic about using a rifle prior to deer hunting season and after. I was wondering if anyone has that or know the information. I was wondering the cut-off date for using proir to regular gun..Thanks

I should of specified in more detail..Sorry..This is pertaning to coyote hunting and using a rifle. I know after deer season you can but you can also use rifle prior to deer. Does anybody know the exact dates...Sorry for the mix-up.

Once Deer Season is completely over, you can small game hunt with a .22. This is allowed in a shotgun only area (like Putnam County), but again only for small game.

First thing they're doing is making sure there is NO deer season so no one could mistakenly shoot one with a low caliber weapon and second is they're allowing my to take Coyote's from a bit further off than I can with the shotgun using #4 shot. So for me it works out just fine.

• 2 months later...

After all deer seasons (Shotgun, ML, and Bow including late season) are over, you can use any centerfire rifle you want in Putnam County for furbearers...Dutchess would fall under the same laws.......Rifles only cant be used in Westchester and Long Island.