Wildgame action cam review

MACHINIST

I borrowed a GoPro from a friend and the shot at 20 yards looked like I was shooting 50-60 so I wanted a "action cam" that had a zoom.after looking for a few days I found the Wildgame Innovations action cam.

http://www.wildgameinnovations.com/products/action-cameras/ac5xc.html#.UhVrFuCTaFI

I read tons of reviews and they were either good or bad,not much in between.I ordered it from Cabelas and it came in today.First thoughts when I opened the package were it was very light,but about twice the size of the gopro,still small enough for bowhunting though.The next thing I saw is that the mounts totally suck for the hunter.No scope mount,no bow mount.Just a hat clip mount and a few others that are totally useless if you ask me.I went to the 3D range tonight and I had my friend just hold the camera to take some videos of me shooting my bow.The setup and use of the cam is super easy and with one tap of the power button within 2 seconds it was ready to record from the sleep mode it goes into with an inactivity of 30 seconds or more.The videos are nice and clear and on the 4X setting a 25-35 yard bow shot is easily identifiable.This cam is also IR and will try and get a few vids of that also.Heres a vid with a Hyena at 29 yards and the cam on 4X

th_FILE0001_zps43e63a6f.jpg

Black Panther(yea I know there are tons around here!!LOL) at 27 yards

th_FILE0002_zpse68294cc.jpg

I just wanted to share my quick experience with it.I will be fabricating a bow mount tomorrow and shooting it a few times mounted to my bow and will throw the vids up also.Then next week with any luck have some video of a bear going down with it!!

Edited by MACHINIST