Bow cases

BKhunter

that a hard question if you want alum (SWS) that works for air planes you are talking about $150 plus for used....archery talk.com is a good place to look for cases. You also had better understand how big a case you will require. I got a great case for just under $80 but it is a soft case. I have a plano that is the hard plastic that is for airplane as well, but it sure is heavy and not a easy transport. I had it when I had a truck and a open bed, just would toss the total case in back and it held the bow, quiver, arrows and release for hunting. Last year Dicks  and Walmart both had them for sale and under $75.

Just was on archery talk and they are having a discussion on bow cases for air travel, it seems that most want a double bow case that if you are traveling to a hunt or a shoot you had better have a backup bow. they recommend SKB or Aurora brands and the model are 5114, or 5214 and or the 50 inch model in the SKB. Aurora they love as it has wheels for easy travel in airport or even on the range and hold two bows, airs,quiver, and releases, plus space for a tool kit...

I've used the $40 plano cases for a few years now but will probably step up to an SKB the next time I fly. The plano case was fine when I was allowed to throw some clothes in with my bow for extra padding. However, on two separate trips the gate agent would only allow the bow, arrows, quiver and release in the case - no clothes. Both times I had the cable guides break in transit. Could just be coincidental as the stock cable guides on my Diamond bow were cheap plastic junk. Haven't had any issues since installing aftermarket cable guide.

Plano case is nice because it counts as regular baggage. I take a copy of the case dimensions from their website and never have to pay extra.