Ticks in Eastern NY

BillatAlbany

Eastern NY? or LI?

Areas on LI can vary year to year, you may not be seeing many this year but oh boy they are out there.

I use a  lot of spray so i dont pick any up or if i do its few and far in between. some areas are worse then others and are always bad... i have a spot thats pretty bad MOST years. i have heard some horror stories about ticks this year and even worse the chiggers, so dont get complacent, they are there.

I 've seen no ticks since Spring Turkey season.  Mosquitoes are a different story - I am still itching from being out Sunday squirrel hunting and scouting for locations for fall turkey and deer.

I even went out wild berry picking a few times this summer and saw no ticks ... so far.

Eastern NY, in the past they have been real bad in Dutchess county for me, though I am usually around Albany area (Pinebush is bad as usual). But all the other areas I have hunted/fished/berry picked this year I haven't really had any problems yet. I will have to keep the permethrin on though just in case I suppose.