my evening hunt

Andersondnb

the wind was really blowing today as it was for the last couple so i decided to try a new spot. I wen t down a ridge to get out of the wind. its a really thick spot. As i walked in i spooked three bucks idk if they knew i was a human. we had a starring contest for about 10 minutes and then they swiftly walked off. I was about 60 yards away from them. This area had a lot of sign around. I could def tell they have been bedding here alot. I then noticed two massive scrapes with a lot of tracks in them and broken twigs above pretty high to. the scrapes were side by side and i could tell that they are being visited.Two bucks that i saw were big deer with big racks. it really isnt ideal for a climber in there but there are a couple spots. how would you hunt it?

Trails that lead to the area where you think they are bedding might be good if there is a suitable tree.  Maybe try a little doe estrous scent and maybe a few estrous calls.  Just my 2 cents I wouldn't take it to heart!!!  Best thing to do would probably see what everyone else has to say and then pick each post apart a little to find a happy medium that you feel will get you in there undetected. 

If it's real thick, you will probably have a hard time getting clear shots w/o cutting lanes. That's not a good idea at this point either.

I think I would try to get in their mid-day. I would see if I could set up a ground blind in a more open area on the down wind side of a well worn trail that leads into those scrapes about 60 to 75 yards away.

Try to set up a small folding tripod chair against a large tree or group of trees and see if you can get blended in with a few branches. Take your time, move very slowly and obviously try to be real quiet. Then sit out the afternoon. Maybe use some doe estrous about 20 yards down the trail in opposite directions and an estrous bleat every hour or so.

Just my thoughts. Maybe plan to go back in the morning too.