Ninham Mnt Kent NY

I was just up there on Saturday. I got a very late start & didn't get into the woods until after 3 PM. I heard a .22 up on the top of the hill & the guy must have been target shooting...as they were firing rounds like crazy (one right after the other, usually 6 in a row).

All I saw was a single squirrel and he was too far off to bother with.

Thanks, I stay away on weekends do mine in the am during the week when I can...Even better if its raining ;D . Got one at Wassaic. Had my one point rudely flushed by someone elses dog before I was ready at great Swamp. Have not tried Ninham mnt yet or Cranberry Mnt this year

Yeah, I like it during the week too...much less traffic.

Last year, walking in the early morning (on rainy days) I came across 3 Bobcat...first one, then the next day I saw the other two scrambling out of a tree (she had that guilty look in her eyes too) which was hollowed out...1 day before their season opened.

I might still get one.

Managed to take home a Pheasant on Saturday. Found him on the way out. I had stopped on the trail and he came walking down the hill toward me.

Sure wish I didn't have the #4 loaded at the time, but there was still plenty left....from the top of the wings down anyway. :(

It was a nice lunch with the Mrs.

I emailed the Stated DEC and got an answer i cant paste it do to my Office 2010 beta expiring over the weekend and no time to get the new one in yet. but basically she said the release them in the Fire tower parkiong lot. I dont know if she meant up to where the public can drive or up by the tower itself

I have a funny feeling its at the gate too. It would be too much work to open it... When I went I went out in the parking lot before the gate. It seemed that bicyclists and hikers were out in force at the upper lot when I got there.