Hillside

We have a hillside/ cliff behind house we stay at. Its starting to slope more and more and is less steep. I was wondering is the any type of seed I can broadcast from the top and is fast growing to stabilize the soil and hillside? It will never be a huntable piece of property, so I really don't care if it's evasive. Thanks

I have Japanese knotweed(similar to bamboo) in my yard. I have tried and tried to get rid of it. It grows 8-10" tall and spreads every year. While reading up on ways to get rid of it I learned that at one point it was used to prevent erosion. The root system spreads like wildfire and it will grow just about anywhere. The only problem with it is it is d@mn near impossible to get rid of. Where you would get seed for it I don't know but I do know that if you accidentally transplant one little piece root it start a whole new patch.

Vetch, great food source and you won't be spreading a problem via the river washing seed/roots to other areas... its what they use on overpass hillsides. Please stay away from non native... it may solve your problem but create big ones for other people. this holds true for plants ,animal, ect... few examples, purple loosstrife, Asiatic carp, zebra mussle, autumn olive,starlings, the list goes on and on....

• Like 2

Vetch, great food source and you won't be spreading a problem via the river washing seed/roots to other areas... its what they use on overpass hillsides. Please stay away from non native... it may solve your problem but create big ones for other people. this holds true for plants ,animal, ect... few examples, purple loosstrife, Asiatic carp, zebra mussle, autumn olive,starlings, the list goes on and on....

• Like 1

rye...

Yeah rye as well. Just talking about the rye I planted in another thread.

I just had the ditch by my driveway dug out. I spread some leftover rye I had from the food plot I planted on the dirt, (not really soil) and it came up like crazy.