Should have had a coyote

accman

Saturday morning, way off, I see this coy coming my way, back right side.  Got up,turned, bow in hand, ready to draw, and he finally got to about 30 yds and stopped.  I pulled back slow and he spotted the movement and took off.  It was just the slightest movement and he pegged me good.  Three does about an hour later came from the same direction.  I stood up and waited for them to go by the back of me, leaned to the opposite side and I practiced drawing on the last doe, would have been about a 25 yard shot, didn't spook em, and would have been a nice shot (I just dislike killing does).  This is my first time in this new setup, and I know they come from that direction a lot, but it takes a while to really know where your vunerable.  I have no coverup and I'm in a 15' ladder stand in between 4 trees, but still, any movement is noticeable.  Hopefully get another chance at the coy, if not, I know there in the area where we rifle, so who knows, could get lucky.

I feel for ya.  I had a big one that has a certain orange coat with a white face that's been around for years now.  had it at 30 yards behind some weeds.  had the recurve, so with 30 yards being a long shot, I waited for it to get closer.  it never did.