yorktown westchester hunting

Vince1

Thanks. Just did the permit. Wana good place to take my kid and nephew. Not teying to bring them around sterling in rifle season. I keep hearing there are alot of deer in westchester so i been lookin into it. Just gotta do some scouting first. Pickin a spot is the worst part when u dont have easy access to an area

Not sure if the records still holds ,  but the New York State Archery ( Typical ) record taken in 1998 came out of Yorktown Heights .

The record books show Yorktown, but it wasn't taken there supposedly. Heard it was another town in Westchester.

A lot of deer live in areas of westchester that cannot be legally hunted even by bow...a lot of big racked deer come from those lands(not by me if course-still waiting for my first bow buck-legal would be nice!). Not saying that's what happened but I have seen some bruisers that are living high on the hog in protected areas and Yorktown is a quick drive away to give it the "legal" credit

Edited by crappyice

This is true, my parents live in Ardsley and I have seen massive bucks in the woods behind the house. It is always tempting but doing the right thing always wins out. On the other hand it makes no sense that you can't hunt some of these areas. There is space and a need for a reduction in the heard