Hello from Columbia County

WCC5723

Hello everyone!

I am a 44 yo hunter that took about 10 years off from hunting due to severe injuries received from my job as a NYS Correction Officer.  I am just getting back into hunting as a lot of my injuries have been patched up and my two sons wanted to start hunting.  They took the Hunter Safety Course and of course all of my old hunting land is now owned by other people or just don't want hunters on their property.

Hopefully we can make some friends here and find some new hunting spots.  We have approached a lot of land owners and asked and reminded them we would be willing to work or help on their land anyway possible, but nothing.  Looks like this year will be a wash unfortunately.

In the same boat as you WCC. We have a big group of a regular 8 guys and we are looking for a lease in Columbia because the properties formerly owned by family and friends has been bought up by others and we now have no room for ourselves. We plan on keeping the group together so we have been trying to find leases in the area, but it's almost impossible. Good luck to you guys.

• Like 1