South Shore stripers

greybeard

I'll try and get out a few more times before I pack it in. I still haven't even made it into my stand because of fishing this year. While I was in Saskatchewan last week all my buddies were killing me because of the fish they were getting.

I may give it one more shot, for an hour, or so. this week, while it's warm.

I tried for herring at the inlet for 15 minutes on Sunday for 0... Only one other guy there, so I assume that they are not in. Last year when the herring first came, there were no bass on them until one day, after I left, BIG bass came in.

I've been spending a lot of days at the beach, and saw gulls ( no gannets)working off West End 2 yesterday.. They were diving.. There were maybe 20 birds.

I combined western LI goose hunting in October with kayak bass fishing on the south shore , so I got to striper fish and hunt on those days, but I really didn't spend any time hunting either.(.just a little squirrel hunting).... too many fish to leave it.

Off topic.. what did your friends catch.. Northerns ??

No I was deer hunting up there but while I was in the blind freezing they were texting me about all the stripers they were catching. I was at the beach just east of where you seen the gulls and I seen gannets with herring through my binos. I made some casts right in the middle of the diving birds and didn't even get a bump. I'll give it a shot tomorrow then I'm guiding from wensday all the way to Monday so won't get much fishing in then

Good luck tomorrow.

Birds worked at West End 2 again today, but only a few.. they weren't moving much, probably just found baitfish..

A nice boat(over 20 feet) was up on the sand.. I don't know what happened, but I hope the owner had insurance. The boat was from Florida and a bag of ballyhoo(bait) was on the shore near the boat, which I assume came from that boat