Taconic 909

Dorsilfin

Anyone hunt this place? off the Taconic in Pleasant valley?

Ive ridden my mountain bike through there a few times and its quite fun.

I've hiked around twice now.  I went in once through tyrell road and just sunday down through Pond gut road.

I've seen signs of deer and droppings and prints in the looser dirt/mud. I walked up the valley some from pond gut and it seems like the terrain is steep on both sides and then the stream coming into the swam at the road/parking area.  Seems like it could be a spot to setup but just hiking around with the bow there were other people hiking and nearby obviously public use and all.  Might keep the deer away with that many people moving in/out of the area.

Anyone spend some quality time scouting the place out?   Any tips/pointers/areas you've had some luck in?

• 3 weeks later...

Forget it, that place is a zoo..... opening day don't even try, with all bikers and dog walkers this is not good hunting area....Avoid it if possible....it quiets down as the season progresses but still I would go there... my 2 cents...I go there sometimes in January at night for some predators hunting, but that's about it...

Funny you guys posted, I was actually over there this morning.  Dead quiet no one around..  Also no deer seen for the 4 hours I sat this morning. 

*shrug*  some deer signs around the places ive looked but no large well beaten game trails.   I guess if I had the time to literally burn in the woods I might see something.