Rootmaker Containers

I collected tons of red oak acorns this year and was thinking about starting around half in Rootmaker containers and make a comparison against the normal growers and maybe expand from there. I was wondering if anyone has used these containers before and what size they would recommended for the acorns. They come in 18, 32 and 60 tray varieties and would probably be in the trays for 1-2 months.

I have planted acorns in plastic dixie cups filled with good soil. They do very well and the clear plastic gives you the advantage of seeing how well the root ball is progressing and conversely when to either re -pot the seedlings or plant them in the ground.

A good rule of thumb on choice of size is the size of the leaf.  Oaks have large leaves so go with the 18-cell. Helps buy a little time too.  We've had outstanding success with oaks in these.  Would be greatly interested in the results of your test against the standard containers. Good luck!