Frost bite

greybeard

I got too cold and wet last week, but stayed out anyway....My foot turned numb and looked swollen... It felt and looked pretty bad, but

It mostly healed, but the toes stayed numb..

My wife was on my case so I went to foot Dr. this morning and he told me that I have frost bite.. Not bad case, but I have to monitor it..I'm glad I listened to her.. Glad it wasn't a bad case

Just thought I'd mention it so that new hunters/fishermen pay attention to the cold, and know when to call it a day

I got it surf fishing.. I put hip boots on because I'm an idiot and left my waders in the car. Water got into the boot when I would get hit by the waves I guess. My foot got so bad at some point I could hardly walk.. Long story.. but I should have known better. It was a day or two after I fished through the snow.

I have froze my feet duck hunting pretty bad at times and it turned out ok so I thought that this would be ok too... but I was wrong....

Water Rat,.. Nope it was fishing, but I thought I'd post it here because we've all gotten our feet(and hands) very cold and wet hunting too. I, myself , actually never got that unbearably cold deer hunting. I guess I should have explained that.

During duck hunts I've had feet that felt burning cold from walking in frigid water and kept hunting...  I used to get wet cold feet running thru marshes coon hunting and I always ignored it. Hunting over water with decoys my hands would hurt from the cold some days from setting up the dekes,especially on those freezing winter days that we waterfowl hunt in.I have even fallen a few times and got water down my waders during some waterfowling, which easily could have turned out the same as my fishing issue. 

I know that newer hunters are on this site and just thought that it was something that they should keep in mind.