Worlds Toughest Deer??

bleonard

Here is an email I got from my dad.  Worlds Toughest Deer?  You be the judge.  Here is the text included in the email:

"This deer had some very uncomfortable days until he was harvested by this hunter.  It is obvious that there was a fight during the rut and this deer ended up with an extra antler (embedded below the eye). You can see that the antler from the attacking deer was broke off below the base of the antler as there is still blood on the pedicel. That takes a tremendous amount of pressure.  Pretty amazing"         

post-1684-13145537105_thumb.jpg

post-1684-131455371068_thumb.jpg

post-1684-131455371194_thumb.jpg

post-1684-13145537145_thumb.jpg

IDK I've been looking at this picture a bit closer....I did a google search, the thing that bothers me most is this....there is somewhat fresh blood on the antler embedded, looks like maybe this buck had his fight less than 24 hours prior to being harvested, I mean the blood is still red for the most part. My big hang up is ......where is the blood coming from this bucks eye socket? There is ZERO blood coming from his wound which to me does not seem very likely with a blow like that there would HAVE to be something, even if it was just a little bit. Idk just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

That deer was killed last year or the year before. The other antler is actually growing from its eye. It is not from another deer. The blood is actually the same type of thing you see on a lot of droptines where gravity causes the hanging bone to be soft and spongy. Still very strange.