Pheasant/Bird Preserves

NYDeer

I know there is discussion for a new section, but why can't get the ball rolling here..

Let's keep this as a reference topic, and post comments in another topic in the section..

Powderbourne Gun Club & Restaurant

2071 Baus Road

East Greenville, PA 18041

(215) 679-9860

Http://powderbourne.com/

10 Pheasants mixed $160.00, Dog & handler was another $75

Well, with our weekend warriors, quite a few birds demonstrated excellent flying ability, soaring clear to fields far away..

The handler/dog situation I think is who's there that day.. I think our guy was 'Charlie'

I think they'll let you run your own dog, but just call & check..

Melly, you give literal meaning to 'picking up dinner'..

Plus, no pellets to chip teeth.. I hope your husband appreciates your though-fullness..  ;D

Do you work at a preserve ?

Our club does a few pheasant releases each year, we get the birds from a rearing program at the prison in Jamesville. There are usually a few birds that either fly into the walls, get tangled in the nets, or don't survive the 45minute trip from the prison to the release site.  The guys get a kick out of it, I out-catch most of them. And, of course, the inevitable jokes when I come out of the pen with several male birds in each hand... :)

Melly,

Whats your clubs name, where you located ? My club hunts at game creek in south jersey. We just did a 180 bird tower shoot. I know in Jersey there are actually clubs that stock a number of times a year. Dont know how that would work but always wondered

Sab

Pathfinder Fish & Game in Fulton, NY (North of Syracuse)

The pheasants are released for purposes of propagation, other than the ones we get for the yearly youth hunt that we put on. Not to say that the ones that we release aren't hunted, (by predators with 2legs 4legs, or 2 wings)  but cannot be released on club property. It's part of the deal we have.