What call to use.

FunForFree33

I am a newbie. I have been reading websites for weeks trying to figue out the whole call thing. Some say use a fawn bleat some say use a grunt some say use a doe bleat I dont know. I have a True Talker 2 and a primos estus original can. What should I do. I dont care if its a buck or a doe I have tags for both and you cant eat the horns which is why I hunt for the meat. I dont know about the rut and I am lost on the whole topic. So since this forum is for NYrs I figured why not ask where im hunting. What call should I use and how often should I use it.. Thanks in advance.

What call should I use and how often should I use it..

Whew... now why did you have to go and ask THAT question?  As you can see there have been 34 reads to your question so far... but nobody has responded.  Why not ask something simple like "Will an 8-pointer walk by my stand set-up today?"  ;) 

Okay, I'll give your question a response (actually a few):

1)  All calls can and do work at certain times

2)  I know of no call that will work every time

3)  What worked yesterday may not work the rest of the month

4)  What didn't work yesterday may call in a monster or whole heard today

5)  You can use a call too much

6)  Sometimes using a combination of calls works better than using a single one

7)  During the Chase Phase... using a grunt tube may send a doe running into the next county

8)  Fawn bleats have been known to call in does... bucks sometime follow does

9)  Antler rattling sometimes works... when it does get ready - a buck might come in fast

11)  'The Can' emits an estrus doe call... it has called in some big bucks

10)  Sometimes not calling at all is the answer to harvesting a deer

I've been hunting many many years... I remember my grandfather using a small wooden tube with a rubber band in it that sounded like a deer snorting.  I don't remember it ever working - but he swore by it. 

So... in summary - I guess I really didn't specifically answer your question.  My humbled advice to you would be to try various calls - see what worked for you and remember what the conditions were like when they produced.  Then replicate their use when conditions are similar in the future.

Good Luck to you young man and hunt safe.

What call should I use and how often should I use it..

Whew... now why did you have to go and ask THAT question?  As you can see there have been 34 reads to your question so far... but nobody has responded.  Why not ask something simple like "Will an 8-pointer walk by my stand set-up today?"  ;) 

Okay, I'll give your question a response (actually a few):

1)  All calls can and do work at certain times

2)  I know of no call that will work every time

3)  What worked yesterday may not work the rest of the month

4)  What didn't work yesterday may call in a monster or whole heard today

5)  You can use a call too much

6)  Sometimes using a combination of calls works better than using a single one

7)  During the Chase Phase... using a grunt tube may send a doe running into the next county

8)  Fawn bleats have been known to call in does... bucks sometime follow does

9)  Antler rattling sometimes works... when it does get ready - a buck might come in fast

11)  'The Can' emits an estrus doe call... it has called in some big bucks

10)  Sometimes not calling at all is the answer to harvesting a deer

I've been hunting many many years... I remember my grandfather using a small wooden tube with a rubber band in it that sounded like a deer snorting.  I don't remember it ever working - but he swore by it. 

So... in summary - I guess I really didn't specifically answer your question.  My humbled advice to you would be to try various calls - see what worked for you and remember what the conditions were like when they produced.  Then replicate their use when conditions are similar in the future.

Good Luck to you young man and hunt safe.

Good Answer Muzzy.