Small food plots in the woods

I have two areas in the woods that are about 30 feet wide and about 100 feet long going east to west that get a decent amount of sunlight throughout the day.  Has anyone had any success in growing a plot that small? If so what did you plant and what worked the best.

With all this talk about food plots I'm thinking of starting these 2 areas on the property to see how they would work out.

According to the book I am reading now, that will work perfect.  You should grab it, or I'll show u this season when I see you.  Its called Whitetail Gardening: A Look at Micro-Food Plots, its all about exactly what you want to do.  Amazon book link click here  - On the amazon page you can read a few of the pages and see the table of contents.

• 3 weeks later...

I may be flying in on saturday morning and going straight to my place upstate.  Not sure until sometime on thursday whether or not I'm coming.  If I do come I have 3 weekends in NY, and hopefully have enough time to attemp something inbetween everything else I have to do.