"Rag Bag" Field Point Target

Just got this Rag Bag field point target. http://www.thirdhand...ct.asp?PRODID=9  (Check out the video.)

Did a lot of reading on different archery forums and the Rag Bag target was probably the most popular and came highly recommended. Don't think I came across any negative reviews! You just buy the bag ($18-$25 depending on where you buy from) and stuff it full of old clothes, coats, blankets, whatever. BTW, the bag is made of some kind of funky material and has a "lifetime" warranty. Think the strands separate, but don't break. People say they have been using theirs for 8 years and it's still going strong! Super easy arrow removal too!!

I went to a local House of Concern yesterday, where they take in and sell used clothing donations, and asked if they had any clothing that wasn't worth selling that I could get and told her why I wanted them (showed her the target bag too). She handed me 3 garbage bags of clothes and was happy to get rid of them! I was happy to get them and gave her a $20 donation.

I got home and stuffed the Rag Bag as tight as I could. It has velcro across the top to hold it shut. Shot the crossbow from 10' away and it stopped the arrows with NO problem! Arrows slide out with no effort! NICE!! This was an important feature for me, so my daughter could easily do it herself.

I read if one spot starts getting soft, you just shuffle and repack the rags inside, and it'll be as good as new!!

Some guys hang theirs and cover with garbage bags to keep dry and out of the sun. Others make a wooden or PVC pipe frame. Some stuff in plastic totes, then just replace the lid when done shooting to protect from the weather.

As cheap as they are, I'm thinking I'll get another one. That way I can keep one at the cabin and also have one in the basement.

Edited by Cabin Fever