Stealing your picture?

34NY

skyhunter- I just recently picked up a hard cover copy of Charles Alsheimers book "Whitetails".

In it was one of the best quotes by Mike Biggs that I just had to share here..... it's so true!

As fun as it is, that sure does make it sound like a lot of work,lol

thanks for that quote; I hadn't heard it before, and how true it is.

I just happen to own a Mike Biggs photo of a whitetail caught in the act of jumping over a high barbed wire fence. I bought it years ago and have it on display in my home.  It's quite the work of art, and priceless to me.

as you also stated in your previous post, yes I have gone into the business of selling my trail cam pictures hoping to make a little pocket change; nothing big. I have had people make offers before but I was not prepared to print and sell photos.

I am now making that offer. If you like something that you see; send me a PM.

Of course this offer is only for those folks who wish to honestly purchase a high resolution photo of 5000 x 3752 pixels.

I'm not the type of person who could look at a picture that I have framed and is hanging on my wall if I did not acquire it honestly. I guess like the guy who poaches a buck and then mounts it on his wall, some folks just don't have a conscience.

Fortunately in this world good and honest out number the others and by a wide margin, especially true with sportsman of the outdoor world. we tend to live clean lives.

thanks all for the support.

il_570xN_571581385_e91w.jpg

il_570xN_571238491_2y1n.jpg

il_570xN_571474750_5gto.jpg

It is, a lot of work. And patience, perseverance and sweat. Not to mention the cost of the gear involved.

But when you post it on the internet, it becomes fair game so long as there's no profit motive.

34NY, you were right when you apologized for using the photo. Your rant after that was wrong.

Skyhunter, great photos. Please keep them coming as we all enjoy them. But remember that privacy and internet are mutually exclusive terms.

thanks for the compliment. I really do appreciate it.

unfortunately, while he said he was wrong in one post, he not apologize to me. instead, he did what he does: name calling.

yes, I put the pics out there but am more concerned with sharing with my fellow outdoorsman than I am with making a profit. it's also advertising on forums which is a way to get your product seen. I 'm not concerned with the few dishonest among us nor am I looking to profit much from this hobby.

thanks again