Relic hunting metal detecting

AaronBlaine

When excavating native American sites I often find burnt wood/charcoal. Do you have a waterway near the field? Do you find FCR(fire cracked rock)? The FCR is usually red in color and is what they lined their firepits/hearths. Can you post a pic of the spear point?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

When excavating native American sites I often find burnt wood/charcoal. Do you have a waterway near the field? Do you find FCR(fire cracked rock)? The FCR is usually red in color and is what they lined their firepits/hearths. Can you post a pic of the spear point?

There is what looks like an old dried up creek bed, but no water in it in years it seems. It is not connected to any major water body for miles and miles.

This is a pic of the best piece I have found to date with a couple other broken specimens.

post-5180-0-99537400-1408063413_thumb.jp

Very nice! Your field was most likely a native American hunting camp as their villages and crop fields were normally in river valleys. Are there any small ditches/ponds around? They would often dig small ponds to hold water for them to use while up in the hills.

Very nice! Your field was most likely a native American hunting camp as their villages and crop fields were normally in river valleys. Are there any small ditches/ponds around? They would often dig small ponds to hold water for them to use while up in the hills.

No obvious signs of a pond with water in it, but this is a new property I acquired this spring for my outfitting company and I haven't scoured every inch yet like I do all my other properties. Maybe I will find something village like this winter, which is when I do a lot of bush bashing to make my mental hunting map and make specific detail markings on my topo's and aerial photos.