Great sit today

growalot

I finally got in the stand at 11a.m....drove down parked and realized....arrows work better with a bow! Back up the hill I went...Lol Wow was it windy. Well recap is Doe and fawn at 2...doe at 3 another at 4 then 5:30 doe and triplets came in. She was a on a mission to slap the snot out of her son...she drove him all over the wood lot....the other single doe were just cruising the woods...not stopping to eat in any plot or acorns....I'm thinking loves in the air...had a flock of Tom stroll by..Alas all deer were between 60 and 120 yrds away....I was in wrong stand..made it until 6:15..not bad!

Sounds like a fun sit!

One time (and I wasn't there in the field but I heard the story that night at camp) in PA two good friends were hunting the same field at opposite ends.  IIRC correctly they climbed into their stands around 3:00pm. 

Around 3:30pm 'Ol Wally sneaks into Gerry's stand as quietly as a 65 year old cigarette smoking stinking (said very lovingly!) old dude can do........Gerry looks down and says quietly WTF?  Wally says, "hey Gerry, can I borrow a couple arrows?"  Gerry shakes his head in disgust and send a couple down for Wally.  It seems Wally left his bow quiver and all its contents back at his home in Amherst!  He actually grabbed his bow from its soft case, hiked into his stand, climbed up and THEN noticed he had no ammo:)

We had a ton of fun the next day trying to get an arrow to shoot out his old Jennings Arrow Star bow!!

Great times man, great times.  We just buried "ol Wally this past May, I think of him daily.

• Like 2