Another Gun Cleaning Accident

Curmudgeon

As per this morning's news, Jose Canseco is recovering from shooting himself in the finger while cleaning "his gun".

This reminds me of my favorite "gun cleaning" story. My wife is a teacher. A couple of years ago a student confided in her that his father had been shot in the humerus by his brother while they were jacking deer. The .22 LR, at close range destroyed the bone. Having been shot in the back of his arm, they ditched the rifle, went to the ER, and claimed it was a late night "gun cleaning" accident. The cops were called but there was no evidence besides the victim's statement.

I saw the father/"victim" some time later. His arm was tightly wrapped around his body. He told me the same "gun cleaning" account. It was his story and he was sticking to it.

Sometimes justice is served.

A number of years ago a local game warden was shot by his wife at home.  Had a thing going with a local waitress and had just got home late at night.

He survived and  refused to press charges ..Their story was that she was "looking at his gun" and it went off.

Twice...A double action revolver...

She was looking at his gun, all right..

RIGHT down the barrel.. Hehehehehe..

• Like 1

I knew a guy who called in shot to work. The police went screaming out to his house, in the sticks, to find him sitting in a lawn chair out front, and his wife screaming and throwing all his stuff out onto the front lawn. He had a bullet hole through his  shoulder. He said his .38 Derringer fell out of his shoulder holster and went off, when he bent over to pick up some wood……..Everyone believed him..LOL!!