New nonresident crossing the border into Catt county

kyle31490

Hi everyone.

I live in Bradford, Pa near the NY border.

I have never hunted NY before, although the border is only about 10 mins from my house. A friend has invited me to hunt Catt county with him, near the Limestone area for deer. The price reduction for non resident licenses has inspired me enough to give it a try.

I have read the regulations and most are similar to PA.

I'm not too sure of the wmu borders yet, but I'll be somewhere around the border of 9s and 9t. If a better map exist of the wmu borders, I'd be very grateful for a link! I see I am too late for a DMP doe tag, but I also see they can be transferred in NY. If anyone wanted to trade bulk ammo or something related for a 9s or 9t I'd be interested, just pm me.

I am a long time member on archery talk and huntingpa under the same screen name for any that know me.

I look forward to the great opportunities NY has to offer. I also look forward to becoming a part of this forum and learning a new state.

Thanks all!

Lol...i live in olean good luck this year....here is link click on towns and boundaries in the first paragraph....by the way 9s is Alleghany state park only so unless you are gonna hunt state park I wouldn't look for that tag....and tags down here are very very hard to get without preference points.....good luck this season

Edited by stoneam2006

Nice to see a local!

I have considered hunting the park, but likely won't unless I get a 9s tag which is very unlikely.

I'm just really looking forward to being allowed to hunt on Sundays!

I work throughout Catt, Allegany, and Steuben counties a lot so know a couple spots nearby. Very familiar with Olean obviously.

Nice to see a local!

I have considered hunting the park, but likely won't unless I get a 9s tag which is very unlikely.

I'm just really looking forward to being allowed to hunt on Sundays!

I work throughout Catt, Allegany, and Steuben counties a lot so know a couple spots nearby. Very familiar with Olean obviously.

Yea can't hunt Sundays in Alleghany state park....have to use shotgun plugged to 3 rounds...can't shoot bears.....good luck this season Edited by stoneam2006

Im heading to Portville Tue. or Wed. to hunt the last two or three days of bow and the first few of rifle. The property  is half in Catt. Co. and half in Allegheny Co. Been hunting down there for 35yrs. The whole area is real good. Good luck

• Like 1

Im heading to Portville Tue. or Wed. to hunt the last two or three days of bow and the first few of rifle. The property is half in Catt. Co. and half in Allegheny Co. Been hunting down there for 35yrs. The whole area is real good. Good luck

I've been hunting in portville my entire life parents grew up there. ...rut is getting really good there...

Was at camp this weekend corner of hinsdale/portville and at 130 watched 6 or 7 bucks going wild over 3 does out in the field. Never saw anything like it before.

Yea I had 6 bucks around 12 on sat on my way to my afternoon spot...all crusin thru same area couldn't get them to come close enough for a shot...except for a big boy who came in behind me when I turned around to head where I was gonna set up...pretty cool just no shots