NYC resident

Ashsplash

Okay so I know you guys are probably tired of newbies getting on this and asking all there newbie questions but that’s what I’m here to do lol hopefully someone will be kind enough to give me some answers. I am New York City (Queens) resident, I do a lot of fishing out here in Queens and Long island. But I am dying to go hunting, I just want to know what are the steps I would have to take to hunt. For example what license do I need to obtain would I be able to hunt with a gun? If there is a thread on here that already has all these question answered I would appreciate it if someone could link me to it. Thanks :]

The first place I would suggest that you go is to the web-site of the NYS Department of Conservation. They have a great page with all of the info on the legal requirements for starting hunting. http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/hunting.html

On that page, you will find one of the key links to a preliminary activity that is a prerequisite for getting your hunting license ... The Hunter safety courses. These courses will not only teach safety, but will also bring you in direct contact with hunters, and also give plenty of info on means, methods and correct ways of pursuing what will likely turn out to be a lifelong passion.

Welcome to the ranks of NYS hunters, and I hope all works out well for you.

• Like 1