Scrape dripper

WhitetailAddict11

I have a particular field that I get hundreds of pics off of every year within the first few days after the corn gets chopped. It always gives me a good inventory of what bucks are on this property and better yet, it's one of my most accessible bow stands. Was thinking about making a mock scrape in the next few weeks and hanging a scrape dripper over it so it's kept fresh and saves me from having to disturb the area anymore than is necessary to check the camera. What's your experiences with a scrape dripper, is it worth the $20?

I had bought two of the electronic drippers last season that you could program up to 18 drip times on each that held 8oz of urine a piece.

Since I was running cams over them, I made use of ALL different drip times over a couple of the hotter scrapes in the area.

That really used up more scent than I was expecting it to pretty darn quick.

Once my drippers were empty, I resorted to only manually freshening scrapes when I was hunting over them.

They worked great for camming though!

• Like 1

You should try this out.  Supposed to work very well. 

http://www.brothersofthebow.com/html/wickedwicks.html

Listen to this podcast. He talks about using that method and says he will get a pic of every buck in the area coming to the rope.  Im def trying it out have the rope ready just need to get out there and put them up.

http://wiredtohunt.com/2015/08/13/the-wired-to-hunt-podcast-episode-67-a-trail-camera-master-class-wdon-higgins/

John

Good stuff guys, looking forward to trying it. As I said, I get plenty of pics just from the attractiveness of the corn being cut but I figure with so much deer activity in the field that a buck entering the field would have a tough time passing up the opportunity to check out the smells. I just hope he smiles when his pic is taken!