Gps app

noodle874

I am looking for a gps for the woods only. Purpose would primarily be to get me to stand locations in the dark. I want to share coordinates with hunting buddies also. I see some of you have some pretty bad ass apps for your smart phones. Is this all I need? Which app do you like? I have an android phone.

Or do I need to buy a handheld GPS for what I'm looking to do? If so, recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Good luck to all.

I like the new updates, I had no problems when switching over other than just finding the features, but figured it all out within first day.

Thanks JGS. Any problems since they updated? Reviews indicate that the app is not what it used to be.

• Like 2

I use MotionX GPS app ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/motionx-gps/id299949744?mt=8) but I have an iPhone - I don't see anything they make for the Android.   I don't use any of the hunting-specific GPS apps because it's too much chaff for me.  I just want to record, save, and share my trails and stand locations, no other fancy shmancy functionality needed.

They run on GPS only. After downloading the map to the phone. No need for cell service... I can put back country navigator on... Load the map for the area. Turn off cell service and turn on GPS. Wait for it to lock. Then put the phon ein my pocket and forget it.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk