The day of the twigs

Chef

So, I started my afternoon sit around 12:30 today. It started off slow there was a flock of turkeys 60 yards behind me around 2 o'clock. Then nothing else till 3:45 when I looked up and saw him a nice wide 6 pt about 35 yards directly infront of me. No shot due to the many branches and shrubs. But he followed the script and walked down the ridge till he gave me a perfect broadside shot 25 yards to my right. I drew back and let one fly. It hit the smallest twig about 10 yards in front of him and took a nose dive going right under his belly. He didn't spook. Just walked off in the direction he was headed. Fast forward to 5:15 im texting my friend who is headed up to camp tomorrow when I look to my left down wind and see a doe at 25 yards. It's obvious she has caught my scent but and is nervous and keeps on coming. I draw as her head passes the tree at 20. When she gets to 15 I decide I'm going to take the shot. There is a small branch about mid way up her body 3 yards in front of her but I still have a clear shot at the heart. I release and again thwack the arrow hits the branch and deflects over her back. I should have let her take another step and she would have been clear of it.... Great day with lots of action. I just couldn't get it done.... I will be back in the same stand tomorrow for both sits

• Like 1

That's why we keep going... So much fun. I won't be out until Monday but I'll be at camp for 14 straight days!!!

. It was fun, i wasn't too happy at the time but I'm over it. In all reality I have a property with 6 fixed stands and chose to use my climber in a place where I thought I would see action so I guess that means I actually had a pretty successful day
  • Like 1