Got my Excal dialed in.

Skillet

I wasn't having great results with my Matrix 310, shooting 125gr Thunderheads. I was getting fliers and the grouping just wasn't there. Also, the trajectory of the bolts didn't match the 20, 30, 40, or 50yd marks on my reticle. So, I called Excalibur, & the guy said I needed to use a shorter broadhead to get less planing, as well as switch to a 150gr. He said heavier was better and the more weight forward of center, the better as well. He recommended the Excalibur Boltcutter 150gr 3 blade. I was skeptical because I figured it was just a way to sell their heads, but I bought them anyway. Long story short, the trajectory now lines up perfectly with every yardage on the scope, all the way to 50yds. The bow will now put every shot into a 3" circle all the way to 50yds, even with a broadhead. At 20 & 30, it's putting them in the same hole. Would I shoot a deer at 50? No way, there's way too much time for a deer to react. But I'll shoot to 30 all day long. Being so accurate at 50 makes the realistic ranges feel like chip shots. I love this thing!

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 2

Also, my gf was shooting 100 Spitfire expandable heads from her 10point. The ones made just for crossbow. Her accuracy wasn't there either & it's hard to practice with an expandable. She tried the Boltcutter & after slight adjustments, had accuracy matching mine. Lesson learned, low profile fixed blade, & heavier heads are the way to go.